PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, November 3, 2014
- Treasurer’s Report. The current balance is $11,307.46. Some of this money is set aside for the $100 teacher gifts and also new gymnasium lights.
- News from Mrs. Lipsey. Parent/Teacher Conferences are being held this week. Irish Spirit Day is on November 7. The High/Middle School Band came to play for the elementary students on Halloween which went over really well.
- Update on outdoor sheds. We had a misunderstanding on the cost of each shed through the HS Shop class. After discussing what we really want for a final product with John Seegers and our teacher rep. we decided this project is on hold for now as more research is being done. Amy Lahay contacted the Boy Scouts to see if an Eagle Scout is looking for a project like this.
- Nature Center. Michelle Graf provided an update on options for rubber playground matting. There are many options and price ranges. PAC is considering trying out mats for under the swings as a test to see how well it works. Mrs. Lipsey will share this idea with John to see if we need Building and Grounds permission, etc.
- Parent/Teacher Conference meals. Parent/Teacher Conferences are November 5 and 6. An email went out to the Helping Hands list for donations for the teacher meals PAC provides.
- Teacher Wish List. Cindy Taft will be setting up a table in the lobby during Parent/Teacher Conferences. This is a list that each teacher has an opportunity to fill out for suggestions for classroom gifts. Many parents use this for Christmas gifts for the teacher/classroom. The list will still be available in a 3-ring binder in the school office.
- AVON Update. This fundraiser made about $3,500. Orders can still be placed online and PAC will still earn a percentage of the profit. You must place the order through the website http://www.youravon.com/khartwig in order for PAC to get credit. Check out the new Christmas catalog online.
- Cookie Dough Fundraiser. The cookie dough fundraiser information went home with the children. We had a Kick-off at school that went great. The kids were very excited. Deadline to get orders in is November 13.
- Paper Recycling Update. We made $523 with our last paper collection. The next paper recycling is scheduled for December 22 through January 5th.
- Plastic Bag Recycling. PAC is going to do plastic bag recycling through a company called Trex. Our school will receive a free birdhouse for participating in this recycling program. If our school would collect the most plastic, we could receive a free bench. Sandy Lezotte volunteered to chair this initiative. Watch for more information/start date.
- Holiday Gift Shop. PAC will hold a Holiday Gift Shop for the students to purchase gifts for family and friends. This event will be held in the elementary cafeteria and is schedule for December 5 from 3-6pm and Saturday from 9am until noon. We asked the National Honor Society and St. Nick Confirmation students to volunteer to help children choose their gifts and stay within their budget. The children will also be able to wrap their purchases. A few days before the sale, we will send home a envelope for parents to write who the student should buy for and how much they should spend on each person. Watch for more information to be sent home.
- Teacher Requests. No new requests at this time.
- New Business. No new business at this time.
Reminder: We do NOT meet in December.
Our next meeting will be Monday, January 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm. Babysitting will be provided by Freedom High School National Honor Society students during the meeting.
We are currently having trouble with our website and are working on it. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Amy Lahay at 687-1736 or email@example.com.