PAC Meeting Agenda for Monday, February 2, 2014
6:00 p.m. ~ Art Room
- Treasurer’s Report– The current balance is $23,967.89. Some of this money is set aside for the $100 teacher gifts (27 still not paid out), a new shed on the playground, potentially new gymnasium lights, rubber playground mats, teacher lanyard gifts, Sock Hop, Family Fun Night, Artist in Residence, and a small teacher request that was approved at tonight’s meeting. After these future expenses, $5,747.89 is left in the PAC funds.
- Paper Recycling — We made $582 with our last paper collection. The next paper recycling is scheduled for March 16 through March 30.
- Trex Plastic Bag Recycling Program. Sandy Lezotte reported on the amounts collected so far. The elementary school has collected 100.5 pounds, middle school 51.2 pounds and high school 16.23 pounds. Out of 12 schools in the state that are competing in this challenge, we are in 6th place. All 3 Freedom schools will get a birdhouse made out of the Trex material just for competing. The winning school gets a bench made out of the Trex material. Please keep collecting!
- Brain Bowl — This is scheduled for February 3 for pre-K thru 2nd grade and February 4 for pre-K, M/W classes. Connie Wheeler is the Chairperson for this fundraiser, along with Mrs. Kurkiewicz, Teacher Rep. Participation is lower than past years with about 163 participants, however class sizes are a bit smaller in these grade levels than in past years.
- School Dance – February 6, 6:00-7:30 pm — Cindy Taft, Chairperson, is organizing this event as an entirely free event for the children. All children attending need to be accompanied by an adult and should wear only rubber sole shoes because of the new gym floor. We were unable to get bubble wrap at a reasonable price as in years past so we decided to forgo it this year and provide a few beach balls for the kids to play with in the multipurpose room.
- February Parent/Teacher Conference meal — Michelle Wagner sent out an email to the Helping Hands list for donations for the teacher meal that PAC will provide. Michelle will be on vacation during this week but has volunteers helping.
- Staff Book Fair — Gently used or new books are donated by parents for teachers to use in their classrooms. Meghan Grembon and Sue Mannebach are co-chairing. The date for this is not scheduled yet.
- Artist in Residence — The details of this event are still being worked through. PAC is considering a creative writing/storytelling option with author Joy Bashara.
- Family Fun Night — Wendy Cropsey is chairing this free event which will be a carnival themed event held on April 10. All children attending need to be accompanied by an adult. PAC is looking for prize donations for this event. Small items such as tattoos, stickers, small plastic toys, small candies, anything that advertises a local business will also be accepted. We are also hoping local businesses and clubs in the High School will sponsor a game. Anything from donating money to help us provide prizes to actually providing volunteers to run the game and join us for the night! Please call/email if you would be interested. See contact information below.
- New PAC Officers Needed for Next Year — Currently it is a 2 year term for President, Vice President and Treasurer. All 3 current officers will still be around next year to help out if you have any questions. Don’t be shy! Step up to the challenge!
- Teacher Requests — 4K Teachers requested a tub of magnetic letters for each of their classrooms for a total cost of $120. A motion was made and approved for the purchase of these items.
- New Business — Mrs. Fox mentioned a possible school wide event of participating in the Global Day of Play from the Imagination Foundation in October. The children would create things with cardboard and other recyclables. Mrs. Rudolph is also interested in this event and is willing to collaborate with the classes to make it happen. PAC will discuss this again when the date is closer. Details can be found at: http://imagination.is/
Our next meeting will be Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6:00 pm. Babysitting will be provided by Freedom High School National Honor Society students during the meeting.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Amy Lahay at 687-1736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.