PAC Meeting Agenda for Monday, March 2, 2015
6:00, Art Room
- Treasurer’s Report — The current balance is $26,662.54. Some of this money is set aside for the $100 teacher gifts (27 still not paid out), a new shed on the playground, potentially new gymnasium lights, rubber playground mats, teacher lanyard gifts, Family Fun Night, Artist in Residence, and a small teacher request that was approved at tonight’s meeting. After these future expenses, $11,804.92 is left in the PAC funds.
- Sock Hop — This dance was held on Friday, February 6. Cindy Taft, Chairperson, organized this event as an entirely free event for the children. About 360 children attended this event and PAC spent $472.11 (on the DJ, beach balls, table covers, tickets, water, popcorn, cotton candy and raffle prizes.) We raised $95.95 in donations to the Freedom Food Pantry. Everything went well and the kids seemed to have fun. The cotton candy was a hit. We may have to think of a way to keep the line shorter next year. Possibly two cotton candy machines or make it ahead of time.
- Brain Bowl — Brain Bowl was held on February 3 and February 4. Around 180 students participated and $5442.20 was fundraised.
- Staff Book Fair – Gently used books were collected the week of P/T Conferences. They will get distributed to the teachers to use in their classroom libraries. We also “inherited” some library books from Trinity Lutheran School in Appleton that recently closed.
- Paper Recycling — The next paper recycling is scheduled for March 16-30.
- Plastic Bag Recycling – FES is currently in fifth place in the state for collecting the most plastic. 103 pounds were collected in the month of February. April 15th will be the last day we can submit our plastic. Let’s keep recycling so we can win the free Trek bench.
- Family Fun Night — Wendy Cropsey is chairing this free event which will be a carnival themed event held on April 10. All children attending need to be accompanied by an adult. PAC is looking for prize donations for this event. Small toys, stickers, tattoos, candy. Please let us know if you or your business would like to make a donation.
- Artist in Residence — We have not secured anyone for this event. We will begin our focus on next year’s artist in residence and hope to have finalized earlier in the next school year.
- New PAC Officers for next year — Currently it is a 2 year term for President, Vice President and Treasurer. All 3 current officers will still be around next year to help out if you have any questions. Don’t be shy! Step up to the challenge!
- New Business/Teacher Requests – Shannon Diedrick, first grade teacher, requested a blend word game and writing prompt cues for a total of $24.13. Vote was taken and all approved.
- Mrs. Lipsey updates – Cameras have now been installed around the school. Currently they are working on adding a second line in the cafeteria and are waiting on new equipment to finalize. A committee has been formed to review the survey responses.
- Other News – The Boys Scouts contacted PAC indicating they had several individuals looking for projects to earn their Eagle Scout badge. PAC provided numerous ideas such as a new shed, pavilion over the outdoor classroom, and landscaping for the front of the school or birding area in the nature center.
Babysitting is provided by Freedom High School National Honor Society students during the meeting.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Amy Lahay at email@example.com or 687-1736.
Next PAC meeting: Monday, April 13, 2015. 6:00pm in Art Room.
(Normally our PAC meetings are held on the first Monday of every month. There is no school on April 6, so we will be moving the meeting to the second Monday.)