- Committee Sign Up Sheet for 2016-17 was passed around during meeting.
- Artist in Residence– Check out the wonderful mural that is now finished and hung in the front stairwell of the school! Don’t forget to ask your child what part they may have painted! Our Artist, Sandy Melroy attended the meeting to thank us for hosting her. Sandy went above and beyond with her commitment and PAC is very thankful.
- New Fundraiser– At our last meeting we decided to discontinue the AVON fundraiser and try something new. (We can always bring AVON back if this proves to be a mistake) Michelle Gloudemans has been chairperson for our Cookie Dough Fundraiser and the same company offers other fundraisers. This company has proven to be efficient and trustworthy with minimal work on our end. After investigating our best options with this company, Michelle suggested a gourmet-type popcorn along with another that sells a variety of edibles including cheese spreads/candy. Both of these give us 50% of sales. This fundraiser would be done in the spring so it would not co-inside with other similar fundraisers in the area/school district.
- Any news from Mrs. Lipsey?-The ABC Countdown is going good and the kids seem to be enjoying it. Everyone loves the mural! Field day is coming up on May 26 and PAC will purchase Freeze Pops for this. The Mother/Son dance went great with lots of energy from all those boys. On May 27, the Freedom High School seniors will visit our school in their cap and gowns for a parade and some high-fives from our elementary kids. How fun for the teachers to see their students from past years and how they have matured.
- Treasurer’s Report–
Total money in our checkbook. $22838.74
Money set aside for upcoming expenses. $13,056.49
Usable money in our checkbook. $9782.25.
A breakdown of our 2015/16 finances be published later.
- Staff Appreciation Week– May 2-6- Michelle Wagner coordinated 3 days of treats for the staff-Dippin’ Day, Muffin Morning and Dessert Day. We got a lot of great comments. Thank you to everyone who signed up and brought in food.
- Spring Student Appreciation Day- May 20- We will hand out Freeze Pops after the Juvenile Diabetes Walk. Loralee Olson-Arcand will purchase them and make sure they are frozen in time. She will also purchase them for Field Day. She will coordinate handing them out after the walk.
- Field Day, May 26– Amy Lahay will make sure the Freeze Pops are frozen in time for Field Day.
- Fifth Grade Celebration, May 31 – Connie Wheeler is chairing this. We are getting cake/cupcake from Sweet Tooth. We voted on cupcakes because it was almost the same price and we don’t have to deal with cutting/plates etc. We are also getting sheet cakes for any parents who may attend. Water will be served. Fifth graders brought home a flyer for parents to indicate how many will attend and if they would like to purchase a copy of the 5th Grade Video.
- Fall Open House Aug 31, 330 pm-530 pm- We will again set up a table with PAC information.
- Meeting Dates for 2016-17– We decided to keep on our meetings on the third Monday of every month (no meeting in December).
- Last Day of School Recognitions/Retirees– Mrs. Lipsey knows of no retirees. We will honor the following:
$10 gift card to each National Honor Society student for babysitting.
$25 to each of the 4 custodians.
$10 to each of the Related Arts teachers.
- How to spend the funds raised this year?
– We voted to donate $500 yearly to PBS. This was a request from Mr. Quinlan who is on the PBS committee. Mrs. Lipsey has some great ideas on speakers to bring in next year.
– Outdoor Ga-Ga Ball Pit- $1000
– Robotic Legos- $1400
– German Foreign Language material- $129
-Safety Goggles for 3rd-5th grade- $100
– Science Supplies from Flinn Scientific- $100
– Sphero Robotic Ball- 1 kit to share- $1,199
– One Challenge Stem Kit- $299
– Exercise Balls for Classroom Seating to share, 4th grd- $300
– Enrichment Materials/Supplies, 4th grade- $500
– Resonator Bell Set- $300
– Teacher iPads, 4th and 5th grade- $5000
*The “Labels for Education” program (Campbell soup labels) will be discontinued by the company at the end of the year. Soup labels need to be turned into the school by June 2nd.
*PAC would like to thank Amy Lahay and Carolee Baumgart for their outstanding service over the past several years. Both have been officers-Amy (President) and Carolee (Vice President). Amy has chaired several events including the recent Artist in Residence and organized our Holiday Shop. They will be missed!
Next PAC meeting: Monday, September 19th, 2016 at 6:00 pm in the Art Room.
Any questions or comments, please contact Erin Lenhardt at email@example.com or 851-3266.