PAC Meeting Minutes for Monday, September 19th, 2016 6:00pm

In attendance: Angie LeQuia, Loralee Olson-Arcand, Tammy Lipsey, Kimberly Groenjes, Michelle Gloudemans, Stacey Kumbalek, Connie Wheeler, Sue Mannebach, Erin Lenhardt

Welcome Back and Introductions: Committee sign-up sheets for 2016-2017 were passed around.

PAC Meeting Dates for 2016-2017 school year. 3rd Monday at 6pm. No meeting in December. April meeting moved to the 24th due to Spring Break. No objections.

Any news from Mrs. Lipsey?
*A parent asked if a student directory with contact information could be created. Due to privacy issues it can’t be assembled by the school. PAC agreed to create this.
*We need a few volunteers for Picture Day to help it run smoothly. Connie Wheeler and Erin Lenhardt volunteered. PAC will see if we can get other volunteers too.
*Mrs. Zick is the new gifted and talented/Spanish teacher.
*4th and 5th grade Ipads were handed out to the teachers.
*They are using Lego Robotics that were purchased. Classes are also working with coding. The staff is exploring new technology to use in the classrooms.
*the gaga pit is up and running on the playground

Treasurer’s Report:
Connie Wheeler gave report:
Outstanding Bills from May 2016:
*still need to pay for the gaga pit. We have only paid $251 for the wood.
*1200 for robotic balls
*exercise balls
*500 enrichment materials for RTI

$12,810.10 is the current balance
$3,500 set aside as our cushion
$5,314.49 is the paper recycling balance
$311.49 is the remainder after pending bills are paid
*$500 needs to be set aside for PBS 2016-2017 school year

Open House PAC:
*Michelle Wagner coordinated
*It went well, but there were not a lot of people downstairs
*Suggested having the table upstairs
*Suggestion on selling assignment books at another time, possibly during registration

Teacher Reimbursement gifts, retirees, new or changed grades:
*New guidelines were set and distributed for review during meeting based on changes approved last year. Will edit to state “items are property of school district”
*voted and approved $100 to teachers to spend as needed
*voted and approved $200 to new teachers or teachers that moved a grade. This year they are Ms. Schmidt, Mrs. Re, and Mrs. Zick
*PAC will serve sundaes and explain guidelines at Oct. 17th staff meeting.

Paper Recycling:
*Sept. 19th – Oct. 3rd
*Connie Wheeler is setting this up
*We have always kept money separate to use for nature items. Suggestion made for a classroom pavilion over the nature center with benches and tables. Possibly doing in different phases.
*Mrs. Lipsey will ask staff for suggestions and ideas

Cookie Dough Fundraiser:
*The fundraiser will run Nov. 4th – Nov 18th with delivery on Dec. 7th
*Michelle Gloudemans is coordinating
*Cookie dough rep will come to kick off fundraiser with students. It may include cash machine that was used in previous years.
*Beginning discussion on uses for funds raised. Suggestions included Ipads. Mrs. Lipsey will discuss with staff. Our objective is to have goals set before fundraisers begin so that the information can be added to flyers.

Fall Student Appreciation:
*Oct. 5th and 6th
*Loralee Olson-Arcand is leading
*snack will be given to the children

Parent/Teacher Conference Meals:
*Oct. 18th and 19th
*Erin Lenhardt set up.  She will contact Michelle Wagner, who has coordinated in previous years, to get the information on past meals.

Holiday Shop:
*No one at the meeting is available to chair this event
*After discussion, we have decided not to run it this year and will see what feedback we get

Book Fair Set Up:
*Mrs. Zabel requested help with setting up the book fair that runs during conferences
*Sue Mannebach, Stacey Kumbalek, and Erin Lenhardt have offered to volunteer. PAC will try to get more volunteers.

Teacher Requests:
*No new requests have come in

New Business:
*Connie Wheeler coordinates activities for MAPPS in the Middle School. She suggested we have the office send emails to all elementary parents with a Volunteer Spot link when help as needed. Currently we have a volunteer form that parents fill out and then we create a master list. This may save steps and reach more parents. We will explore the idea to see if it can be done at the Elementary School.

The next PAC meeting is on Oct. 17th at 6:00 pm in Room 22 (Art room). Free babysitting is provided by the Freedom High School National Honor Society. Please come join us!

PAC Website: http://www.freedompac.org. Enter your email address to receive posting from our blog including meeting agendas and notes. “Like” us on Facebook at Freedom Elementary P.A.C. (Parent Activity Committee).

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Erin Lenhardt at 920-851-3266 or aelenhardt@gmail.com

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s