PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, March 15, 2021

Principal’s Report

  • Reading Month–One School, One Book: Off to a great start!!!
  • 5th Grade Promotion: Still looking into; would spread out in gym, try to livestream for parents and then post to YouTube for parents
  • Yearbook sales are way down this year; sales are very minimal; may try to see what could be done to help out (possibly due to COVID)
  • Book Vending Machine: Should be arriving in next few weeks (mid-April possibly); will then work to get books into the machine and how to handle the tokens
  • 8-9 hours’ worth of interviews for middle school principal
  • Tonight’s Board meeting: To discuss ending temperature checks; if agreed, it would begin March 29
  • Terri Romitti asked if any thought has gone into next school year, how it might look;
    Mrs. Lipsey noted things are being reviewed, but nothing concrete yet, but it’s likely there will not be a virtual option
  • Erin Lenhardt asked Mrs.Osowski what prizes might be needed for the Our School, Book One event; She responded that she would not know until after Easter Break; she noted she received free ice cream from Tom’s Drive In and Culver’s for students who participate and at least do 10 activities

Treasurer’s Report

  • Beginning checkbook balance (3/15/21):  $24,510.14
  • Expenses Budgeted for 2020-21 school year:  $16,247
  • $6,287.53 spent so far this year
  • Amount to Carry Over to 7/1/21:  $3,500 (requested carrying more over to 2021-22 school year due to unknowns)
  • Amount Spendable:  just under $10,000
  • $200 budgeted for 5th Grade Celebration
  • Field Day: hoping it happens, but still looking into what could be done for games, etc.;
    usually do popsicles for the kids; could do dots on the ground for the kids to sit and eat their popsicles


Other discussions:
–Mrs. Lipsey had previously contacted teachers to see if they needed items in the classroom, she will let us know if there are other items we could purchase. She noted she will need 30 iPads for next year and other technology needs that are in the works (including 3rd grade technology devices)
–Kimberly Groenjes suggested a bake-off for families to bake and decorate a cake based on a favorite book; PAC could purchase cake and frosting for each family that would like to participate if needed; Mrs. Lipsey suggested doing it in April; Kimberly will send the form to Erin to check into
–We approved putting $500 towards vending machine books
–Playground equipment: Erin took care of balls, chalk and some other items; still have $620 budgeted
–Card with money sent to Mrs. Johnson for loss of her daughter
–Gift will be sent to Mrs. Frane
–$100 toward Kevin Kilstoffe scholarship not yet submitted
–Caroline Pelkin researched doing a plant sale (geraniums), but nursery would need a quantity by January 1 for Mother’s Day; Mrs. Lipsey noted another group is doing a geraniums sale-so we won’t do; Caroline also suggested Culver’s for a fund-raiser, but it would be drive-thru only

Staff Appreciation Week–1st week in May

  • Approx. 87 staff members
  • Can’t do a potluck; Instead we will do small things each day
    –Suggested days:  Shamrock (Erin); Starbursts (Tammy Kurey)–Sam’s Club; seed packages (Caroline); popcorn packs (Kimberly)–Sam’s Club or Woodman’s (TBD); Sharpies (Caroline)–Sam’s Club

Administrative Professionals Day–April 21

  • Usually give flowers and a card, which was done earlier this year as we missed it last year; Terri suggested doing something different, perhaps lunch instead (B’s Brew, for example); Terri will coordinate with office administrators, submit the order and pick up/deliver

Student Appreciation–week of May 10

  • Loralee to coordinate again this year; will look into snacks done in the past and pick something different  

Officer Positions for 2021-22

  • Vice President/Secretary:  Kimberly Groenjes to take this spot as this is Loralee’s last year

Teacher/Staff Shout-outs

  • February: 25 staff members received Shout Outs. Congratulations to the February winners!
       Mr. Lancaster: Rico’s; Mr. Riesterer: Tom’s; Mrs. Sacia Williams: Festival Foods;
       Mrs. Andrea Anderson: Barnes and Noble; Mr. Menting: Kwik Trip;
       Mrs. Austin: Copper Rock
  • March: 19 staff have received so far
  • May will be last month for shout-outs

Parent/Teacher Conference Meals–Feb 24

  • Subway meals were ordered again for the teachers; everything went well

New Business

  • Terri asked about what could be done for students due to no field trips, assemblies, end of your events, etc., primarily 5th graders; a signed t-shirt students could wear on Field Day was suggested.  An outdoor activity was suggested; to be further discussed as to what could be done; Tammy Kurey suggested individually wrapped cookies from vendor she found online for 5th grade graduation. May need to set up a 5th grade committee

If you have questions or comments, please email freedompac1@gmail.com

Next meeting date:  Monday, April 19, 2021, 6:00 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s