PAC would like to thank Loralee Olson Arcand and Tammy Kurey for their outstanding service to PAC. Loralee has been the Vice President for several years, coordinated student appreciation days, purchased and set up refreshments for the dance and helped with countless other activities through the years. Tammy has co-chaired and run the school dance, helped us win the plastic challenge by coordinating collections with her company, and helped whenever asked through the years. Their children will be moving onto middle school. They will be greatly missed!
- First winners for the Book Vending Machine: Positive Pups. Some teachers will be
provided coins for their use.
- ABC Countdown is going very well!
- 5th Grade Letters emailed to homes for Celebration; there will be a Zoom link for
parents to view
Each 5th grader will receive a DVD of 4K-5thgrade with pictures through the years
- Beginning checkbook balance (5/17/21): $24,425.50
- $155.74 reimbursements for Student Appreciation Treat
- Amount to Carry Over to 7/1/21: $3,500 (requested carrying more over to
2021-22 school year due to unknowns)
- $200 budgeted for 5th Grade Celebration
- Field Day: event will happen; freeze-pops to be provided
- Entries were due Saturday, May 15; 50 participants
- Judges (3 teachers) to review pictures of cakes and participant entry comments to
determine 3-5 winners-one per category. Winners will receive a prize of a basket of summer items
- All student participants will be given a book
- Entries and winners will be posted on PAC Facebook page
- Kimberly Groenjes coordinating prizes and participant books (Humphrey)
Fifth Grade Promotion/T-Shirt Sales
- Caroline coordinated shirts and they were sent home
- Greg (cafeteria) will order chocolate chip cookies; to be on a table with milk cartons for
students to take
- Erin to send cards to two retirees missed previously
- For the last week of school, Erin, Kimberly, Tammy to coordinate day with drinks and snacks for staff in break room
- We will bring back the $100 reimbursements. We will send an email to staff letting them know they can use over the summer, but reimbursements won’t occur until Fall.
- Open House: Mrs. Lipsey said they are planning to hold one before new school year
Administrative Professionals Day–April 21
- Terri Romitti coordinated lunches from B’s Brew for front office secretaries (Thurs., April 22)
- Greatly appreciated!!
Staff Appreciation Week–May 3-7
- Teachers and staff loved the Shamrocks and daily items we gave them
Student Appreciation–week of May 10
- Loralee coordinated; students received Nabisco cookie packs (3 varieties)
- April:18 staff members received Shout Outs. Congratulations to the April winners!
- Mrs. DeGroot: Kwik Trip; Miss Wall: Leap In; Mrs. Presteen: Barnes and Nobles;
Mrs. Braun: Sweet Tooth; Ms. Schmidt: Rico’s; Mrs. Kazik: Festival Foods
- May will be last month for shout-outs; have only received a few so far. All staff that received a Shamrock will be included in final raffle
- It was decided to continue with the Shout-Outs next school year
Upcoming—Field Day, Fri., May 28
- Field Day: Loralee to coordinate the Freeze-Pops; she asked Greg about freezing
all at the school cafeteria, which we can do; to bring in to school Monday, May 24
- For next school year, Erin noted to plan/coordinate more “eat out” nights at
participating area restaurants to have fun days without the need for many volunteers
- Discussed how to encourage more parents to get involved in PAC; suggested
having the teachers/students to talk to parents to become more involved, too;
it was suggested to set up and send out a Google survey form to find out what
might be holding parents back. If we can’t increase involvement with current members moving on, PAC may have to consider dissolving
If you have questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next and last meeting date for the 2021-22 school year:
tentatively Monday, September 20, 2021, 6:00 p
Hello… my daughter came home today telling me some of her friends have said they saw a picture of our cake.. did I miss an email??
On Thursday, May 20, 2021, Freedom Elementary Parent Activity Committee wrote:
> Erin Lenhardt posted: ” PAC would like to thank Loralee Olson Arcand and > Tammy Kurey for their outstanding service to PAC. Loralee has been the Vice > President for several years, coordinated student appreciation days, > purchased and set up refreshments for the dance and helped wi” >
PAC posted a slideshow of the cakes on our Facebook page. It is also on the District Facebook page. The teachers were sent a link to show in the classrooms, that is where the other students probably saw the cakes. Here is a link to the Facebook page.