- Battle of the Books is complete (4th & 5th graders) – 40 participants, 4 finalists – 32nd at State
- 4K Screen Day is scheduled for April 28th
- Aime and Tony Kazik are doing Kids for Running – approx 40 participants – discount received for participants that do the Bellin Run
- Summer School Registration is complete. Fees are due Friday, April 21st.
- Rescheduled Artist in Residence starts May 1st.
- Blizzard Game – Dash for Cash is Friday, May 5th.
- Funds to spend $11,002.95
- $176 Received from Skate City Fundraiser
- $389.77 spent for Bake Off
- Artist in Residence in May is not paid for
- There were 33 entries.
- There were 9 winners.
- There were 7+ judges for the bake off. Voted to provide a gift card for all judges.
- Books were prepared for all participants.
- Baskets for the winners included a book, bubbles, sidewalk chalk and water soaker.
Shout Out Program
- 40 Shout-outs submitted for 3rd Quarter / 29 different entries for gift cards
- There will be 7 $20 gift cards purchased to be randomly selected for the shout outs
- Cut-off for 4th Quarter Shout outs will be May 12th
Artist in Residence (May 1-5 and 8-12 )
- Volunteer schedule has been prepared and sent to parents
- Extra volunteers on some days – have them hand out ice cream, work on other projects
- Hotel is booked
- Erin will be picking up lunches daily and submitting receipts for reimbursement
- Clay pots from the Artist in Residence from March are going home this week. There was only one pot broker – Asher Lamers.
Fun Night May 17 (4-7 PM)
- National Honor Society and Art Club have been contacted to volunteer.
-We will wait to see how many sign up before we open it to other high school groups.
-We will provide pizza to the groups at their next gathering instead of doing individual gift cards as per last year.
- We will contact Connie Wheeler if we need additional volunteers as she should have the list of high school groups with students who may need hours.
- We will sell water and soda (Coke, Dt Coke, Rt Beer and 7Up) for $1.00. Kris will check with Tractor Supply on donating water. Sarah and Melissa will purchase soda (10 cases each).
- We will need coolers, kiddie pools, ice for beverages.
- We will need an extra tables, signs and workers for beverage table.
- We will need volunteers for: teachers at coupon table, drinks, inflatables, face paint.
- Sarah presented information for Juggler with the Yellow Shoes. It was voted that we would have him join us for 2 hours at $350.00. Sarah will contact him to sign contract.
- Erin has chalk remaining from last year.
- Erin will check with art teacher on face paint supplies – do we purchase or have them?
- $5 in coupons will be handed to students and teachers the day of the event.
- Terri will print the $5 coupons per student in a different color paper than last year
- Kimberly Groenjes will contact the Fire Department for attendance.
- Mary and Erin have been in contact with Outagamie County liaison Officer Jake for attendance with vehicles.
- Kyle Baneck may be bringing a tractor and chopper depending on weather.
- Food trucks confirmed: 4 Schmidts and Giggles BBQ, Captain Quesadilla, Ice Clouds, Ice Cold Emergency, On the Fritz Concessions.
- Mary spoke to each of the food trucks to confirm that they will have enough staff at the event to keep the lines moving.
Staff Appreciation Week
- Shamrocks are due April 27th.
- We are promoting that students remember “ALL” helpers at the school for recognition.
- Shamrocks will be hung up Friday, May 5th.
- Monday – staff receives lottery ticket with coin from PAC.
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday- lunch catered from Kelsey’s Kitchen PAC pays for.
- Wednesday – Mrs Lipsey/Mrs Osowski handling
- Thursday – Salad lunch provided by PAC – sign up for parents.
- Friday – assorted candy bars/snacks in the teacher break room. Sarah volunteered to prepare.
Administrative Professionals Day – April 26, 2023
- Flower baskets and gift card for B’s Brews for Judy, Lori and Steph – Missy will deliver the morning of the 26th.
Principals/Vice Principals Day – May 1, 2023
- Large flower pots for Mrs Lipsey and Mrs Osowski – Missy will deliver the morning of May 1st.
Student Appreciation / ABC Countdown dates
- Thursday, April 27 – gum provided by PAC.
- Monday, May 8 – Ice Cream sponsored by Tidy View.
- Wednesday, May 31 – You are special treat (Rice Krispie Treats – ?)
Tom’s Night – April 18th
- Sheet sent home with each student.
- Judy made an announcement.
- Announcement reminder on Facebook.
4th Grade Design Spirit Wear Logo
- Sheet has been updated.
- Send home with students May 1st to be returned by May 26th.
Teacher/Staff Reimbursement and Requests
- Mrs Rennes (PK-4) requested new field trip shirts. Approximate cost is $7-8 each, total cost of approximately $400.
- The request was approved by a majority vote. Mary motioned to approve. Kristi second the motion. Four new board members and current acting president approved.
- We discussed including decals in the Welcome Letters for new students and families at open house and possibly to Pre-K teachers to put with their welcome packets for students.
FES Nature Trail
- Set up at Family Fun Night photos, display to show how the trail needs to be updated.
- Kris will contact Connie Wheeler to see if she has photos from when the trail was first constructed.