What is the PAC?
Freedom Elementary’s Parent Activity Committee is our school’s PTA/PTO. This active group of parents meets 8 times during the school year to address school issues, coordinate family activities, facilitate school events, pitch new ideas and fundraise. There is no attendance requirement to be involved with PAC- any parent/grandparent can be involved as little or as much as they’d like. In addition to attending meetings, you can also stay up-to-date with PAC by subscribing to this website- http://www.freedompac.org or by joining Freedom Elementary PAC on Facebook. In the past years we have:
- Supported smaller Kindergarten class sizes
- Started a yearly Artist in Residence program.
- Donated two water bottle fountains.
- Organize a yearly Staff Book Fair.
- Coordinated the pre-K-2nd grade Brain Bowl
- Set up staff & student appreciation meals & treats
- Supported the Freedom Schools’ Nature Center
- Provided staff meals during parent/teacher conferences
- Sponsored the 5th Grade Celebration
- Hosted Family Fun Night
- Donated money to the Guided Reading Program
- Held the all-school Sock Hop
- Coordinated a Teacher’s Wish List
- Purchased Classroom supplies and new playground equipment
- Paid for all-school assemblies
- Provided funding so the school nurse could attend an annual conference
- Offered Market Day
- Coordinated paper recycling drives to raise money for the Nature Center boardwalk
- Provided a Holiday Shop for students
Meeting Dates for 2016-17 school year:
Our meetings are usually held on the third Monday of every month at 6:00 pm in the Art Room at Freedom Elementary School, Room 22 (we do not hold a meeting in Dec):
- Sept 19
- Oct 17
- Nov 21
- Jan 16
- Feb 20
- March 20
- April 24
- May 15
Free childcare provided during meetings by Freedom High School’s National Honor Society.
2016-2017 PAC Officers:
President: Erin Lenhardt, 851-3266
Vice-President: Sue Mannebach, 209-2924
Treasurer: Connie Wheeler, 788-5961