Author Archives: Erin Lenhardt

PAC Meeting Agenda for Monday, November 15, 2021 6:00 PM

*Principal’s Report

*Treasurer Report

*Community Fundraiser Nights

*Cookie Dough Fundraiser

*Spirit Wear Fundraiser

*Shout Out Program

*Teacher Wish List

*Sock Hop/School Dance

*Brain Bowl

*Artist in Residence

*Teacher/Staff Reimbursement and Requests

*New Business

Reminder:  We do NOT meet in December

Our next meeting will be Monday January 17th 2022 at 6:00pm. 

If you have any questions or comments, please contact Erin Lenhardt at freedompac1@gmail.com

PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, October 18, 2021

Principal’s Report

  • Special Education teacher’s dog will possibly be coming in as a therapy dog
  • They are exploring new options for photographers (moving away from Life Touch)
  • About 200 kids are taking breakfast
  • The elementary school is moving to a standards based report card (you can find more information on the elementary website under academics–FAQ standards based)
  • If a family missed meeting with their teachers for conferences contact the teacher to set up a time to meet with them (not many people signed up for virtual conferences)

Treasurer’s Report

  • Starting Balance $22,892.52
  • Expenses this month $1,162.44
  • Ending balance $21,730.08
  • After expected expenses for the year there is $896.42 to spend

Student Appreciation

  • Thank you Kelly Fochs for purchasing, separating, and delivering the Mott’s fruit snacks

Student Directory

  • Google form was part of registration. If you filled out the google form you should have received an email with the directory

Parent/Teacher conference meals

  • There was a sign-up genius for the snacks night of conferences (Wednesday–in person night)
  • Little Caesars pizza was purchased for the virtual nights (Thursday)
  • Inquired about availability to help set up snacks on Wednesday afternoon to have available for teachers right after school

Teacher Wish List

  • This will be available on the Freedom PAC website, facebook page, and emailed to families

Teacher/Staff Shout Outs

  • So far there have been 17 shout outs received Mickaela Kurtz will be sending shout out emails to staff and holding the raffles for October and November. Missy Baneck will be picking up the gift cards for all the raffles

Cookie Dough fundraiser

  • Starting slow
  • Order forms are due 10/25
  • So far $103.50 of sales has been turned into school and $6,376 has been completed online **PAC will only get a percentage of these sales
  • A reminder will be sent out this week

Culver’s Night

  • This needs to be set up 30 days in advance
  • October 28th is the first Freedom night at the Little Chute Culvers
  • PAC will receive 10% of purchases if families present the card when ordering

Spirit Wear Sale

  • Getting the order forms and sale ready to begin soon
  • Erin and Terri are going to meet with Shamrock Graphics on Tuesday 10/19
  • There will be online ordering and paper forms **paper forms will only have the list of items…to see items people will have to go online to view the design and color options

Other future fundraiser ideas

  • VandeWalls would give 50% profit from a $1.50 candybar
  • Kwik Trip offers a script fundraiser (purchase the cards at a 5% discount and then seller receives the 5% when they sell the card), 10% rebate from purchases in the store, and a car wash fundraiser (organization purchases car was cards–5/card–for $20 and sells for $36)
  • Badger Sports Park and Texas Roadhouse both have been contacted multiple times, waiting to hear back from them
  • Looking into Sign Country in Little Chute to see if they would do a window decal fundraiser for us
  • Suggested reaching out to local places to see if they have fundraiser nights, ie: Rico’s, Home Tavern, Buzz’s.

Sock Hop

  • Gym and multi-purpose room have been reserved for February 4
  • Looking into who may DJ the dance

New business

  • Mrs. Osowski asked if we have an Amazon Smile account…PAC may look into this option as Amazon provides a percent of proceeds for items purchased when people use this service.

Next meeting: Monday, November 15 at 6:00 pm

PAC Meeting Agenda Monday, for October 18 2021 ~ 6:00 p.m. Art Room 22 

*Principal Report

*Treasurer Report

*Student Appreciation

*Student Directory

*Parent/Teacher conference meals

*Teacher Wish List

*Teacher/Staff shout outs

*Cookie Dough Fundraiser

*Culver’s night Oct. 28

*Spirit Wear Sale

*Information from other fundraiser ideas

*Sock Hop

*Requests that have come in to approve

*New Business

Babysitting will be provided by the National Honor Students in the cafeteria

Next Meeting: Monday November 15 6:00 pm

PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, September 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Principal’s Report…

  • reminder no school September 24
  • breakfast option beginning soon (4K-K will have breakfast in the classroom and 1-5 will have breakfast in the lunchroom)
  • students will be able to dress up for Halloween (unsure if there will be food allowed during the class parties–watch the newsletter for more information)
  • fall parent teacher conferences will have both virtual and in-person options (one night will be virtual and the other will be in person)
  • field trips will happen this year (masks will be required)
  • assemblies will not happen at this time due to fire code and COVID
  • the elementary school will hopefully start welcoming volunteers again soon for curriculum support only
  • so far the biggest challenge is understaffing and sub failures at the elementary school (Mrs. Lipsey is asking the board for a full time sub to be on staff at the elementary school)
  • the book vending machine is doing well
  • Mrs.Lipsey is looking into monthly reading logs for students

Eagle Scout Project…

  • Trentin Volovsek completed an Eagle Scout project (sandbox on the playground) and gave a presentation of it
  • requesting $855 to cover the cost of the sandbox
  • PAC decided to cover $450 from our playground funds

Treasurer’s Report…

  • current balance $22,892.52
  • expected expenses $18,537.00
  • amount not budgeted $4,555.52
  • amount to carry over to the 2022-23 school year $3,500.00 (in the past this amount was set to allow for teacher reimbursements at the beginning next year)
  • left to spend $855.52

Fundraisers…

  • approval for fundraisers to happen this year (pick up may have to be done with curbside pick up. The multipurpose room is not being used as a classroom this year and may be an option)
  • discussed adding the un-fundraiser to fundraisers this year so parents can have an option to not participate in the fundraiser, but still contribute money to the fundraiser
  • some options to explore for this year- different attendees will look into
    • Cookie Dough-Terri will look into dates with Cherrydale as we plan to run this
    • Spirit Wear- We are in the process of setting up, however lots of supply chain issues, will need to add that to order form. May look at adding other options to sell
    • Fun nights-ex. Badger Sports Park/Funset night
    • Restaurant nights-ex. Culvers, Texas Road House, Pizza Ranch
    • Painting night (talk with Mrs. Rudolph and high school art club)
    • Gift card sale- ex. Simons Cheese, Kwik Trip, Meat places
    • Flower sale
    • Little Caesars sale
    • Vande Walles

Teacher Reimbursements

  • email sent to staff to let them know they have money to spend from PAC
  • PAC offers $100 to teachers, $200 if they are new or have changed grades
  • We have $6400 allocated in current school year to spend on reimbursements

Conference Meals…

  • meals need to be pre-packaged
  • planned to do restaurant for one night and parent sign up for individual snacks for the second night

Student Appreciation…

  • Erin is checking with families that said they would be willing to help purchase snack item for October

Shout Outs…

  • beginning in October
  • 3 gift cards will be handed out each month

New Business/other notes

  • Brief discussion on dance in February. Missy offered to look into other places to hold if space is an issue
  • question about a social emotional learning program (My Face)–need to talk with Mrs. Lipsey
  • we plan to have National Honor Students provide babysitting at future meetings

PAC Meeting Agenda for Monday, September 20th  2021 ~ 6:00 pm ~ Cafeteria

  • Introductions
  • Principal’s Report
  • Eagle Scout Project Trentin Vlovsek
  • Treasurer’s Report
  • Fundraisers-
    *Spirit Wear
    *Meal/Fun Nights
    *Other ideas
  • Teacher Reimbursements
  • Conference Meals
  • Student Appreciation
  • Items to consider for upcoming year/unfinished from last year
  • New Business/Teacher Requests

If you have questions or comments, please email freedompac1@gmail.com

Next meeting date:  Monday, October 18, 2021, 6:00 pm, Cafeteria.

PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, May 17, 2021

PAC would like to thank Loralee Olson Arcand and Tammy Kurey for their outstanding service to PAC. Loralee has been the Vice President for several years, coordinated student appreciation days, purchased and set up refreshments for the dance and helped with countless other activities through the years. Tammy has co-chaired and run the school dance, helped us win the plastic challenge by coordinating collections with her company, and helped whenever asked through the years. Their children will be moving onto middle school. They will be greatly missed!

Principal’s Report

  • First winners for the Book Vending Machine:  Positive Pups. Some teachers will be
    provided coins for their use.
  • ABC Countdown is going very well!
  • 5th Grade Letters emailed to homes for Celebration; there will be a Zoom link for
    parents to view
    Each 5th grader will receive a DVD of 4K-5thgrade with pictures through the years

Treasurer’s Report

  • Beginning checkbook balance (5/17/21):  $24,425.50
  • $155.74 reimbursements for Student Appreciation Treat
  • Amount to Carry Over to 7/1/21:  $3,500 (requested carrying more over to
    2021-22 school year due to unknowns)
  • $200 budgeted for 5th Grade Celebration
  • Field Day:  event will happen; freeze-pops to be provided

Bake-Off

  • Entries were due Saturday, May 15; 50 participants
  • Judges (3 teachers) to review pictures of cakes and participant entry comments to
    determine 3-5 winners-one per category. Winners will receive a prize of a basket of summer items
  • All student participants will be given a book 
  • Entries and winners will be posted on PAC Facebook page
  • Kimberly Groenjes coordinating prizes and participant books (Humphrey)

Fifth Grade Promotion/T-Shirt Sales

  • Caroline coordinated shirts and they were sent home
  • Greg (cafeteria) will order chocolate chip cookies; to be on a table with milk cartons for
    students to take

End-of-the-Year Items

  • Erin to send cards to two retirees missed previously
  • For the last week of school, Erin, Kimberly, Tammy to coordinate day with drinks and snacks for staff in break room
  • We will bring back the $100 reimbursements. We will send an email to staff letting them know they can use over the summer, but reimbursements won’t occur until Fall.
  • Open House:  Mrs. Lipsey said they are planning to hold one before new school year

Administrative Professionals Day–April 21

  • Terri Romitti coordinated lunches from B’s Brew for front office secretaries (Thurs., April 22)
  • Greatly appreciated!!

Staff Appreciation Week–May 3-7

  • Teachers and staff loved the Shamrocks and daily items we gave them

Student Appreciation–week of May 10

  • Loralee coordinated; students received Nabisco cookie packs (3 varieties)

Teacher/Staff Shout-outs

  • April:18 staff members received Shout Outs. Congratulations to the April winners!
  • Mrs. DeGroot: Kwik Trip; Miss Wall: Leap In; Mrs. Presteen: Barnes and Nobles;
    Mrs. Braun: Sweet Tooth; Ms. Schmidt: Rico’s; Mrs. Kazik: Festival Foods
  • May will be last month for shout-outs; have only received a few so far. All staff that received a Shamrock will be included in final raffle
  • It was decided to continue with the Shout-Outs next school year

Upcoming—Field Day, Fri., May 28

  • Field Day:  Loralee to coordinate the Freeze-Pops; she asked Greg about freezing
    all at the school cafeteria, which we can do; to bring in to school Monday, May 24
  • For next school year, Erin noted to plan/coordinate more “eat out” nights at
    participating area restaurants to have fun days without the need for many volunteers
  • Discussed how to encourage more parents to get involved in PAC; suggested
    having the teachers/students to talk to parents to become more involved, too;
    it was suggested to set up and send out a Google survey form to find out what
    might be holding parents back. If we can’t increase involvement with current members moving on, PAC may have to consider dissolving

If you have questions or comments, please email freedompac1@gmail.com

Our next and last meeting date for the 2021-22 school year: 
tentatively Monday, September 20, 2021, 6:00 p

PAC Meeting Agenda for Monday, May 17 2021 6:00 pm Cafeteria

***We are unable to provide babysitting for the meeting***

  • Principal Report
  • Treasurer’s Report
  • Bake Off
  • Fifth Grade Promotion / T-Shirt Sales
  • End of Year items
  • Teacher Reimbursements for next year
  • Open House/Spirit Wear

Reports:

  • Administrative Professionals Day – Wednesday, April 21
  • Staff Appreciation Week May 3-7
  • Student Appreciation
  • Shout Outs

Upcoming items:

  • Field Day
  • New Business/Teacher Requests/New Ideas for next year

PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, April 16, 2021

Principal’s Report

  • Forward Testing: 5th grade should be complete; 4th grade is still in process; 3rd grade starts next week; should be done by first Friday in May (5/3)
  • Book Vending machine delivered; it is in the cafeteria; no books yet, but Mrs. Anderson is in the process of ordering; a ribbon-cutting event to happen (attendees TBD)
  • Field Day: to happen as planned; no parent volunteers for K-2; there should be enough games where students won’t have to wear masks; PAC will provide popsicles and chalk
  • ABC Countdown to start soon! Teachers are happy to see it back!
  • Bake-Off:  Erin noted 17 families requested supplies;
    2 families have submitted pictures so far (at time of meeting)
  • 5th Grade T-shirts:  Caroline Pelkin is coordinating (need two weeks production time; payment due when order is placed); there are 5th grade funds that can be used if needed; Terri Romitti requested if more info could be sent to parents so they are aware of when 5th graders can wear them–decided on Field Day, Fri. May 28

Treasurer’s Report

Terri commented not much had changed from previous month

  • Beginning checkbook balance:  $24,510.14 (March)
  • Expenses Budgeted for 2020-21 school year:  $16,247
  • $6,287.53 spent so far this year (from March)
  • Amount to Carry Over to 7/1/21:  $3,500 (requested carrying more over to 2021-22 school year due to unknowns)
  • Amount Spendable:  just under $10,000
  • $200 budgeted for 5th Grade Celebration
  • Field Day: PAC will be providing popsicles
  • Teacher Reimbursements:  approx. $4,900 (from March) still left that could be spent

Administrative Professionals Day–April 21

  • PAC is doing lunch for office administrators.  (Thurs. April 22, as Lori will be out Wed. 4/21); Terri Romitti to coordinate

Staff Appreciation Week–May 3-7

  • Erin sent out the Shamrock for students to write on for teachers and staff
  • Monday: Shamrocks; Tuesday: Seed Packages; Wednesday: Starbursts;
    Thursday: Popcorn; Friday: Sharpies
  • Mrs. Lipsey suggest putting up the Friday before (4pm, April 30)

Bake-Off–Entries Due May 15

  • 17 families requested supplies; 2 families have submitted pictures so far at time of meeting
  • Erin called Walmart to see if a large order would need to be placed (unsure when we set up how many would want supplies); she completed/submitted a donation form. If we receive donation, will use for prizes
  • Mrs. Lipsey said she could find  teachers/staff who could judge
  • Kim Groenjes will work on prize baskets-suggestion was a summer theme

Student Appreciation–week of May 10

  • Loralee to coordinate again this year; will look into snacks done in the past determine what to purchase

5th Grade Promotion/T-Shirt Sales

  • Individually packaged cookies or cakes (Mrs. Lipsey suggested that Greg could do individual cupcakes); Terri suggested a Freedom graduate makes individually wrapped peanut-free cookies; Tammy Kurey had found a website that can do this as well. Terri and Tammy will both look into pricing for cookies; approx. 115 5th grade students
  • Caroline will contact the office for a listing of 5th grade students for coordinating the t-shirts
  • Erin will send a note to the front office to have them send out a note to suggest the students wear on field day

Teacher/Staff Shout-outs

  • March: 25 staff members received Shout Outs. Congratulations to the March winners!
    Mrs. Kolakowski: Subway; Mr. Marquardt: B’s Brew; Mrs. Bresnahan: Pick and Save;
    Mrs. Braun: Buzz’s; Mrs. Austin: Kwik Trip; Mrs. Krzyzak: Home Tavern
  • April: 11 staff have received so far
  • May will be last month for shout-outs
  • Erin suggested including any teacher who receives a Shamrock will also get entered into the May Shout-outs

New Business

  • Teacher Requests: One new teacher submitted a request; she had money left in her account to spend

Upcoming—Field Day, Fri., May 28

  • Field Day:  Loralee to coordinate the Freeze-Pops; see if we can freeze all at the school cafeteria. Erin gave Mrs. Thews sidewalk chalk leftover from recess items purchases. She asked them to let PAC know if more is needed

If you have questions or comments, please email freedompac1@gmail.com

Our next and last meeting date for the year:  Monday, May 17, 2021, 6:00 pm in person. No babysitting will be provided.

PAC Virtual Meeting Agenda for Monday, April 19 2021 6:00 PM

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/167346125

  • Principal’s Report
  • Treasurer’s Report
  • Administrative Professionals Day – Wednesday, April 21
  • Staff Appreciation Week May 3-7
  • Bake Off
  • Student Appreciation
  • Fifth Grade Promotion / T Shirt Sales
  • Shout Outs
  • New Business/Teacher Requests

Upcoming items:

  • Field Day

PAC Meeting Notes for Monday, March 15, 2021

Principal’s Report

  • Reading Month–One School, One Book: Off to a great start!!!
  • 5th Grade Promotion: Still looking into; would spread out in gym, try to livestream for parents and then post to YouTube for parents
  • Yearbook sales are way down this year; sales are very minimal; may try to see what could be done to help out (possibly due to COVID)
  • Book Vending Machine: Should be arriving in next few weeks (mid-April possibly); will then work to get books into the machine and how to handle the tokens
  • 8-9 hours’ worth of interviews for middle school principal
  • Tonight’s Board meeting: To discuss ending temperature checks; if agreed, it would begin March 29
  • Terri Romitti asked if any thought has gone into next school year, how it might look;
    Mrs. Lipsey noted things are being reviewed, but nothing concrete yet, but it’s likely there will not be a virtual option
  • Erin Lenhardt asked Mrs.Osowski what prizes might be needed for the Our School, Book One event; She responded that she would not know until after Easter Break; she noted she received free ice cream from Tom’s Drive In and Culver’s for students who participate and at least do 10 activities

Treasurer’s Report

  • Beginning checkbook balance (3/15/21):  $24,510.14
  • Expenses Budgeted for 2020-21 school year:  $16,247
  • $6,287.53 spent so far this year
  • Amount to Carry Over to 7/1/21:  $3,500 (requested carrying more over to 2021-22 school year due to unknowns)
  • Amount Spendable:  just under $10,000
  • $200 budgeted for 5th Grade Celebration
  • Field Day: hoping it happens, but still looking into what could be done for games, etc.;
    usually do popsicles for the kids; could do dots on the ground for the kids to sit and eat their popsicles


Other discussions:
–Mrs. Lipsey had previously contacted teachers to see if they needed items in the classroom, she will let us know if there are other items we could purchase. She noted she will need 30 iPads for next year and other technology needs that are in the works (including 3rd grade technology devices)
–Kimberly Groenjes suggested a bake-off for families to bake and decorate a cake based on a favorite book; PAC could purchase cake and frosting for each family that would like to participate if needed; Mrs. Lipsey suggested doing it in April; Kimberly will send the form to Erin to check into
–We approved putting $500 towards vending machine books
–Playground equipment: Erin took care of balls, chalk and some other items; still have $620 budgeted
–Card with money sent to Mrs. Johnson for loss of her daughter
–Gift will be sent to Mrs. Frane
–$100 toward Kevin Kilstoffe scholarship not yet submitted
–Caroline Pelkin researched doing a plant sale (geraniums), but nursery would need a quantity by January 1 for Mother’s Day; Mrs. Lipsey noted another group is doing a geraniums sale-so we won’t do; Caroline also suggested Culver’s for a fund-raiser, but it would be drive-thru only

Staff Appreciation Week–1st week in May

  • Approx. 87 staff members
  • Can’t do a potluck; Instead we will do small things each day
    –Suggested days:  Shamrock (Erin); Starbursts (Tammy Kurey)–Sam’s Club; seed packages (Caroline); popcorn packs (Kimberly)–Sam’s Club or Woodman’s (TBD); Sharpies (Caroline)–Sam’s Club

Administrative Professionals Day–April 21

  • Usually give flowers and a card, which was done earlier this year as we missed it last year; Terri suggested doing something different, perhaps lunch instead (B’s Brew, for example); Terri will coordinate with office administrators, submit the order and pick up/deliver

Student Appreciation–week of May 10

  • Loralee to coordinate again this year; will look into snacks done in the past and pick something different  

Officer Positions for 2021-22

  • Vice President/Secretary:  Kimberly Groenjes to take this spot as this is Loralee’s last year

Teacher/Staff Shout-outs

  • February: 25 staff members received Shout Outs. Congratulations to the February winners!
       Mr. Lancaster: Rico’s; Mr. Riesterer: Tom’s; Mrs. Sacia Williams: Festival Foods;
       Mrs. Andrea Anderson: Barnes and Noble; Mr. Menting: Kwik Trip;
       Mrs. Austin: Copper Rock
  • March: 19 staff have received so far
  • May will be last month for shout-outs

Parent/Teacher Conference Meals–Feb 24

  • Subway meals were ordered again for the teachers; everything went well

New Business

  • Terri asked about what could be done for students due to no field trips, assemblies, end of your events, etc., primarily 5th graders; a signed t-shirt students could wear on Field Day was suggested.  An outdoor activity was suggested; to be further discussed as to what could be done; Tammy Kurey suggested individually wrapped cookies from vendor she found online for 5th grade graduation. May need to set up a 5th grade committee

If you have questions or comments, please email freedompac1@gmail.com

Next meeting date:  Monday, April 19, 2021, 6:00 pm